Point of Care Decision Support, a certified Allscripts Developer Partner, will host a webinar with Dr. Alex Spyropoulos, Professor of Medicine at Hofstra, Northwell School of Medicine and Systems Director of Anticoagulation and Clinical Thrombosis Services for multi-hospital Northwell Health Systems in New York.
Dr. Spyropoulos is an internationally recognized thought leader in the field of clinical thrombosis and anticoagulant therapy and has been instrumental in the development of hospital-based and outpatient-based protocols for the use of anticoagulants, clinical use of the direct oral anticoagulants (DOACs), and the management of anticoagulant therapy in perioperative settings and special populations. He is at the forefront of assessing patient outcomes through the use of evidence-based clinical decision support technology and was the lead author of the recently published consensus document of key features of electronic health records necessary for the delivery of optimized anticoagulant therapy as part of the EHR Task Force of the NY State Anticoagulation Coalition.
Dr. Spyropoulos is the co-developer of the Point of Care Anticoagulation (AC) Decision Support System and will present:
- An overview of key features of electronic health records necessary for the delivery of optimized anticoagulant therapy
- Evidence-based guidelines and clinical decision support tools in the dosing of both warfarin and the direct oral anticoagulants such as dabigatran, rivaroxaban, apixaban, and edoxaban.
- The use of evidence-based guidelines to manage and address periprocedural situations with warfarin (including appropriate use of heparin bridging) and the DOACs.
- How to manage transitions from Warfarin to DOACs and back
- The potential use of outcomes measurements of warfarin and DOACs as they apply to national quality measures
- Review of Northwell Health Systems integration with Point of Care Anticoagulation (AC) Software
A brief demo of Point of Care AC and its integration with Allscripts TouchWorks EHR will also be presented from Jay Syverson, President of Point of Care Decision Support.
Point of Care Anticoagulation (PCDS AC) software optimizes delivery of anticoagulation drugs and reduces adverse events associated with anticoagulation therapy. The software was designed and developed in collaboration with leading clinical thrombosis experts, and is a decision support tool that takes the complexity out of AC management by providing a real-time AC dashboard. With intuitive, predictive clinical decision support, PCDS AC transforms evidence-based guidelines into intelligent tools that measure and improve AC therapy outcomes.